Vegan Spicy Tofu Scramble
Our delicious breakfast scramble is so easy to make. It takes only a few minutes and is a such a healthy way to start your day., add any veggies that you have to hand, it really is hard to go wrong with tofu scramble. A great way to get your protein boost.
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce (or a gluten-free substitute if needed)
- 1 12-oz container firm or extra firm tofu, drained and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 pepper, any color, diced
- 3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 spring onions, diced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Hot sauce or chili sauce, to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste (sea salt and fresh ground pepper are best)
Fry the onion and garlic in the olive or veg oil for 3 to 5 minutes, until onions are slightly soft. (medium heat)
Add all of the remaining ingredients, stirring frequently, cook for another 6 to 8 minutes, until veggies are done and tofu is lightly fried.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with the hot sauce of your choice either plain or in a plain flour tortilla as a wrap.
Now just enjoy this delicious start to your day!