Vegan Potato Curry
This vegan curry is a wonderful fragrant mix of spices with potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, chickpeas, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and vegetable stock.
If you wanted to make this vegan potato curry even richer, you could use coconut cream rather than coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Minced Ginger
- 4 tsp Spicy Joes Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 6 Medium Potatoes (Peeled and Chopped, about 1kg/2.2lb)
- 1 15oz (425g) Can Chickpeas (Drained)
- 1 14oz (400g) Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 cup (240ml) Vegetable Stock
- 1 14oz (400ml) Can Coconut Milk (Full Fat)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Sugar (or Brown Sugar)
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper (To Taste)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (Chopped, For Serving)
- Add the olive oil to a pot with the chopped onion, crushed garlic, minced ginger, Spicy Joes garam masala, paprika, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander powder and turmeric and sauté until the onions are slightly softened.
- Add the chopped potatoes and chickpeas and toss in the spices until well mixed.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock and coconut milk and stir in.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce heat, cover the pot and simmer until the potatoes are cooked. Test if they’re ready by bringing out a piece of potato and sticking a fork into it to test if it’s fork tender.
- Add coconut sugar, sea salt and black pepper (to taste).
- Serve with chopped cilantro on top and with basmati rice and/or vegan naan bread.