Spicy's Oven Baked Chicken
Delicious, easy to cook recipe for you all to try, this recipe isn’t as spicy as the name may suggest, for most people who are used to eating chilli this recipe will be of a moderate heat but you can make it spicier if that’s what you like, just add more chilli flakes. A real crowd pleaser that the whole family will enjoy!
- 6-8 pieces of chicken (skin on or off) Thighs are perfect
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 1.5 tsp coriander powder
- 1.5 tsp hot chilli flakes (use more if you want it spicier)
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp chilli powder
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 tbsp yoghurt
- 1 tbsp mustard sauce
- 1 tsp mint sauce
- fresh coriander for garnishing
- Start by scoring the chicken pieces with a sharp knife, this will help the spices penetrate the flesh of the chicken. Leave to one side while you prepare the marinade.
- In a large bowl add 2 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp cumin powder, 1.5 tsp coriander powder, 1.5 tsp chilli flakes, 0.5 tsp chilli powder and 1.5 tsp salt.
- Next add the wet ingredients; 4 tbsp oil, 4 tbsp yoghurt, 1 tbsp mustard and 1 tsp mint sauce and mix well.
- Add the chicken pieces, use your hands and thoroughly cover all the chicken in the marinade. (A good job for the kids!)
- Put aside for 30 minutes if you have time to spare, if not just heat your oven to between gas mark 6 - 7 (200 - 220°C, 400 - 425°F) and bake uncovered in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes, turning over half way through to ensure even cooking.
- It is as simple as that, serve with a nice fresh salad and enjoy