Spicy Joes Mexican Chilli Con Carne
Spicy Joes all-time classic Mexican chilli con carne recipe is hard to beat, totally delicious.
A real crowd pleaser, perfect for when you have your best mates round !!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 - 3 tbls Spicy Joes Chilli Con Carne Blend
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 500 g chuck steak, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 500 g ripe tomatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400 g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 bunch coriander, leaves and stems chopped, plus extra leaves to serve
- chopped avocado and tomato, to serve
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until softened.
Add the Spicy Joes Chilli Con Carne Blend flour and beef and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until beef has browned.
Add tomatoes, tomato paste, kidney beans and 500ml water and stir until combined. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 hour or until meat is tender.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with sour cream and rice, salad and warm nachos.
And of course a very cold beer or glass of wine