- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- pinch chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 600g carrots, washed and coarsely grated
- 140g split red lentils
- 1l hot vegetable stock (from a cube is fine)
- 125ml milk or for vegan choice a nice coconut milk is fantastic
- plain yogurt and naan bread, to serve
1. Heat a large pan and dry fry the cumin seeds and a pinch of chilli flakes for about 1 minute or until they start the release their wonderful aromas.
2. Remove 1/2 to a small bowl and set aside.
3. Add the olive oil, carrot and red lentils, milk and stock to the pan and bring to the boil.
4. Simmer for about 15 minutes, until the lentils have filled out and softened.
5. You can serve the soup chunky or use a hand stick blender to mix until smooth.
6. Sprinkle with the reserved spices that you set aside earlier.
7. Add a nice dollop of yoghurt, serve with a warm naan
Eat and Enjoy !!