- 600ml Malt vinegar
- 500g small pickling onions
- 25g table salt
- 100g granulated sugar
- 2-3 Tbls Spicy Joes Pickling Spice Blend
- Put the onions in a large bowl, cover with boiling water. Leave for 20 seconds then pour into a colander, return to the bowl and pour over lots of very cold water. The skins should now peel off very easily.
- Once peeled, layer in a bowl and sprinkle each layer with salt. Cover and leave overnight or up to 24hrs.
- Meanwhile pour the vinegar and sugar into a large saucepan with the Spicy Joes Pickling Spice Blend. Put the lid on the pan, bring to the boil then remove from the heat and set aside to allow the spices to infuse.
- The following day rinse the onions well and pat dry.
- Pack the onions into sterilised Jars then use a jug to pour over the vinegar, include all of spices. Completely covering the onions. Seal and allow to mature for approx 5 -6 weeks.