Lamb Rogan Josh
Delicious lamb rogan josh, made with fresh ingredients including tasty diced lamb - the ultimate spicy comfort food when your mates are round....
- 5 g (2¾ oz Natural Yoghurt
- 2 - 3 tbls Spicy Joes Rogan Josh Blend
- 550 g (1 lb 4 oz) lamb neck fillet or leg steak
- 2 Med Onions Finely Choppedonions, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons tomato purée
- 25 g (1 oz) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Mix the yoghurt with the Spicy Joes Rogan Josh Blend
- Trim the lamb of any fat and cut it into 5 cm (2 in) cubes. Put them into a nonstick saucepan with the onions, place the pan over a medium heat and stir until the contents begin to sizzle.
- Add the yoghurt mixture, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the lamb has released all its natural juices.
- Remove the lid, increase the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sauce has reduced to a paste-like consistency.
- Add the tomato purée, some salt and 15 g of the butter to the lamb. Reduce the heat to low again and cook, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add 350 ml of boiling water, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped mint and coriander and serve.