Make this hearty, flavoursome beef Goulash, stir in a little soured cream and you will have a really indulgent crowd pleaser that everyone will love !
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large onions, diced
- 900g diced braising steak
- 1/8 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons Smoked paprika
- 500ml water
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- salt and pepper to taste
- Soured Cream
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Saute onions until soft, then add beef and brown.
- Stir in caraway seed, marjoram, garlic and smoked paprika.
- Pour water over all, lower heat to low and simmer for 2 1/2 hours.
- Add potatoes and cook until tender, another 45 minutes to 1 hour. Season with salt and pepper to taste, stir in the soured cream and serve.