Goan Fish Curry & Pilau Rice
This traditional Goan Curry is bursting with flavour, the spices in this dishes complemented and mellowed by the coconut milk. We recomend you make this with tuna or any firm white fish cut into good size chnks (cod cheeks are amazing)
500g Fish of choice (we recommend tuna or firm white fish)
2 tbsp Veg Oil
1 Onion & 1 Tomato Finely Chopped
1 Can Coconut Milk
Spicy Joes Curry Blend
Ginger Garlic Paste
Fresh Coriander ( Chopped )
Spicy Joes Pilau Rice Seasoning
1. Make a paste by whizzing the onion, garlic & ginger in a blender to achieve a smooth paste. You can add a dash of water to the mixture.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and fry the garlic mixture for a few minutes and then add the Spicy Joes Curry Blend. Fry this mixture until the aromas of the spices fill the air. You may need to also add a few drops of water at this point to prevent the mixture from sticking to the pan. Next add the freshly chopped tomato and cook until the mixture is mostly dry.
3. Add the fish and coat well in the spiced mixture. Cook for 2 - mins until the fish is cooked through then add the coconut milk turn the heat down to low and simmer for 10 mins
4. Taste for seasoning.
5. Sprinkle on some chopped coriander to garnish
6. Cook your rice. Add the Spicy Joes Pilau Rice Seasoning pinch by pinch, stirring in each time and tasting. Continue until you have the taste and colour that you desire. Adding too much of the blend in one go could make the rice taste too strong, so please add sparingly a pinch at a time.