Chicken Fajitas & Tomato Salsa
Fajitas are a just such a fun meal to cook and enjoy with the whole family. Try topping with our homemade salsa to make them extra delicious.
For the tomato salsa
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 425g cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- large handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
For the chicken fajitas
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 500g chicken breasts, skinned and cut into thin strips
- 2 - 3 Tbls Spicy Joes Fajitas Spice Blend
- Soured Cream
- 200g grated cheese (Cheddar is brilliant)
- 4 soft wholemeal tortillas
- ½ iceberg lettuce, thinly shredded
For the salsa, combine the onion, tomatoes, garlic and coriander in a bowl. Season with pepper. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
For the chicken, heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion and peppers and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the Spicy Joes Fajitas Spice Blend and cook for 5 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in foil and warm them in the oven for 5 minutes.
Grated the cheese.
Put Soured cream in a bowl.
Spoon one-quarter of the chicken mixture into the centre of each tortilla, add a couple of tablespoons of salsa and some shredded lettuce, soured cream and sprinkle with grated cheese.
Roll up, eat and enjoy !!