Authentic Chicken Madras
Madras curry is one of the great ones. Madras curry is on every single Indian restaurant menu for a reason. It’s absolutely delicious!
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts or thighs
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tsp Spicy Joes Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Spicy Joes Madras Blend. 1-2 tbsp for mild, 3 tbsp for medium-hot, and 4-5 tbsp for hot
- 1x400g can chopped tomatoes
- 50g/2oz desiccated coconut
- small handful of fresh coriander, chopped
Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and mix with the lemon juice, and garam masala and season with salt.
Heat the oil in a deep frying pan or saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 6-7 minutes until softened and becoming golden.
Add the chicken and fry for 3-4 minutes until it has become opaque in colour. Stir in the Madras spice blend and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the chopped tomatoes and coconut.
Cover with a lid and leave to simmer gently for about 20 minutes. Stir in the chopped coriander and serve straight away with boiled rice or naan bread.