Aubergine Ragu With Pasta
Here at Spicy Joes we love aubergines! They are just so versatile, on top of being totally delicious! And of course, they marry so well with so many different spices and styles of cooking. This recipe is a simple pasta dish, quick and easy to prepare while being packed full of satisfying flavour.
1 aubergine, diced
1 onion, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbs tomato Flakes.
3tsp Spicy Joes Smoky Ragu blend
2tsp Spicy Joes Mixed Herb mix
1tsp chilli flakes (optional)
1.In a tablespoon of olive oil, gently saute the onion and garlic until soft.
2. Then add the aubergine, and keep sauteeing for another few minutes.
3. Add the tomato flakes and stir well.
4. Now add the tin of tomatoes, the Spicy Joes ragu blend and the mixed herbs herbs and again stir well until the sauce is thoroughly mixed.
5. Add a pinch of sugar and salt to taste.
6. Add a little water to the sauce and then simmer on a low heat – 30 minutes will do the job, but it does no harm to let the sauce bubble away for up to an hour if you're not in a hurry – the flavour will only improve! In this case keep an eye on the sauce to make sure it doesn't dry out, adding a little water if necessary.
7. Cook your pasta al dente, and add a spoonful of the cooking water to the sauce for an authentic Italian touch.
8. Serve over pasta garnished with some chopped flat leaf parsley.