For the meat sauce:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef mince
- 1/2 onion, Chopped
- 1/2 large pepper (green, red, or yellow), chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can good quality tomato sauce
- 3 tbls tomato puree
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbls Spicy Joes Sun Dried Tomato & Basil Blend
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), packed
- Pinch of Spicy Joes garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon red or white wine vinegar
To assemble the lasagna:
- 9 Sheets Lasagne Pasta Sheets
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 lb (24 ounces) Mozzarella cheese, grated or sliced
- 1/4 lb (4 ounces) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Start by making the sauce
- Brown the mince in a pan over medium heat then add the pepper, onion, and a combo of tomato sauce, tomato paste, and chopped tomatoes. The three kinds of tomatoes gives the sauce great depth of flavour.
- Let this simmer while you boil the pasta sheets and get the cheeses ready. We’re using ricotta, shredded mozzarella, and parmesan — like the mix of tomatoes, this 3-cheese blend gives the lasagne great flavour!
- From there, it’s just an assembly job. A cup of meat sauce, a layer of noodles, more sauce, followed by a layer of cheese. Repeat until you have three layers and have used up all the ingredients.
- Finish with a good layer of cheese
- Bake until bubbly and you’re ready to eat!